Monday, January 18, 2016

Holy crap, I'm actually starting to miss blogging a little

Holy crap, I'm actually starting to miss blogging a little.  I've been thinking more and more about it but man, I just got so sick of hearing myself talk.  My last post, as you can see was August 2014.  Well, I've actually done some stuff since then.  Back in September 2014 I actually started to write a race report after finishing the I.M.T.U.F. 100-miler in Idaho but couldn't bring myself to finish it.  However, for whatever reason, I've recently begun to think about the blog again and have sent some time going back to re-read some of the old posts.  It's kind of cool to see where I've been as a runner.  Early on things were pretty dramatic, fresh experiences that where almost as fun to write about as to have.  However, as I've been running longer, or maybe I should say doing various endurance events longer, I have kept the experiences increasingly to myself.  That's not to say that I have lost any passion for the sport, it's really almost exclusively marathons and longer trail runs these days, it's just that, well, I keep it more to myself.  I think that maybe this is part of my experience too.

Anyway, I think I might take another look at that old IMTUF report I never finished and then maybe also highlight some of what I've been up to in the last, what, year and a half almost.

Just to recap, since my last race report in 2014 after Ironman Boulder I did/ran:
August 9th Broke left big toe - ok, not an athletic event but it was noteworthy for the pain.
August 31st Dam to Dam 10K
September 14th Chips and Salsa half-marathon
September 20th I.M.T.U.F 100-miler
October 11th Hartford Marathon
October 12th Newport Marathon
October 26th Great Pumpkin Chase 10K
November 8th Soldier Marathon
November 9th Pensacola Marathon
November 15th Pilgrim Pacer Marathon
November 27th Turkey Trott 5K

November 30th Seattle Marathon

and then in 2015 I did/ran
January 1st Foothills Fatass 50K
January 17th Charleston Marathon
February 14th Black Canyon 100K
March 28th Clinton Lake, 30 miler
April 10th Zion 100 - DNF injured heal at mile 13!  I remained injured for the rest of the year but it got increasingly tolerable if not better.
May 9th Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon
May 23rd  Jemez 50k
June 19th Bighorn 100
August 16th Big Wildlife Run Marathon
August 28th AA Fatass Half-marathon
October 3rd New Hampshire
October 4th Maine Marathon
October 24th Cactus Rose 50 miler
November 14th Franklin Mountain 50K
November 26th Albuquerque Thanksgiving Day 5K

So far in 2015 I've run the Foothills Fatass 20-miler on January 1st and then the Bandera 100K on January 9th.  I crushed my previous time for Bandera and actually finished in the top 1/3.

So, maybe some more to come later.  Maybe a bit of re-capping of prior races.  My next big event is Rocky Raccoon on February 6th.  I have decided to try and break my 100-mile PR of 22:31.  I'm feeling pretty good but that's a tall order.  I set that PR at Vermont,which is overall probably a more runable course even though it has more rolling hills.

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog posts, old and new. If they're fun to write, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your such a tremendous athlete and you accomplish such amazing things, I think you should continue to blog so others can can be inspired.

    ReplyDelete