Thursday, April 05, 2007

Get a Rope

Ok sports fans, the bib numbers for Ironman Arizona have been released!

Now, I wouldn't make a very good scofflaw if I didn't create a little ruckus from time to time so I am officially thumbing my nose at you all...you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

There, the gauntlet is thrown; you are hereby recruited as a member of The Angry Mob. This means that it is time for you to gather up your pitchforks, ropes and torches strap on your best pair of gumshoes and track an Outlaw!

The Outlaws are on the loose at Ironman Arizona taking up too much space in transition, loitering around the freebee tables at the expo, lingering at the aid stations trying to cram their fuel belts with one more free Gu and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

As a member of the Angry Mob you may capture an Outlaw and string him or her up by predicting their finish time at IMAZ within 10 minutes. The blogger capturing the greatest number of Outlaws will receive one tube of the fantabulous Nuun per Outlaw captured.

To top it off, if you catch me, the Outlaw chief grunt, the successful sleuth will also receive an exotic race t-shirt from the magical Southwest Challenge Series that I personally jammed into my giant pile of other race t-shirts almost immediately after drawing it from my goodie-bag.


Post your guesses on my blog and don't be shy. Invite your friends and family...we may come to a town near you so the sooner we are locked up the better.

So there you go, there should be enough data floating around on the web about us that the enterprising number cruncher could make some fairly decent guesses. Oh, and you might want to use Ironman Live to track us.








Here's the line-up:
Carl “Muffin” Armstrong - 1875

Tim “Sluggo” Chavez - 696

Maria “Go Go” Ladd - 2398

"Mighty” Mike Montoya - 790

Brian “Myles” Pilgrim (that's me) - 1184

Paul “Mr. Walnuts” Zetocha - 1586

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

4 comments:

  1. No predictions but hope you all have a great race!!!
    Bones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power can only be derived by a mandate from the masses, not some farsicle aquatic ceremony. In order to make a more accurate assesment of your finishing time I need to know one thing: will you be riding the uber-fast supercharged newly fitted ultra-light billion dollar NEW BIKE, or old faithful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bigun...a Clyde after my own heart.

    I will be riding the old faithful...sans coconuts of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a part of the angry mob I am returning farts to your general direction.

    Hope you have a great race - I'll throw a wild guess at 14:30.

    ReplyDelete