Friday, June 09, 2006

Fast in the water and light on my feet



Ok, so maybe I'm not actually fast in the water or light on my feet but here are two news items for you to ponder.

Thismorning I had a follow up appointment regarding my hip so didn't have much time at the gym. I decided to just get in a 500m swim and be on my way. I hopped into the pool and took off and after a 100m hit my lap button and was at 1:43...sweet. My first 100 are always the fastest bot when I got done with my second 100m I was at 3:50. I stopped to do a double take and wondered for an instance if that was my time for 150m instead of 200 but it wasn't, it was 200 no doubt. So I figured maybe today is the day and kept going. I ended up with 500m in 9:57. Now I am aware that 9:57 for 500 isn't what could be refered to as fast, but it's fast for me and that's what counts.

As to the "light on my feet" bit, like I said I had my follow up appointment today to check in on my hip. It's a confirmed fracture. Doc said "if it was something bad (such as an infection in the bone) it would have gotten worse and yours has gotten better." We took a look at the MRI together and sure enough I have stuff inside me. He pointed out the blurry white area that represented the fracture and I could tell that it was different from the other side of the picture but that's about it. You could kind of see a like right along the line of fracture but you really have to know what you are looking at.

ANYHOW, I digress. All I wanted to mention is that my kind of fracture is very rare. It is usually only found in Ballerinas...and...endurance atheletes. Thank god, my teammates would never let me hear the end of it if the injury was limited to ballerinas. So, three more weeks and I get to try out my running legs again and then, look out Barishnikov!

Woops, did I say that out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment